Saturday, January 9, 2010

Counting My Blessings

After all the whining in my last post, perhaps I should brag a little about all that is going right in my life:

  1. The hubs—Mr. Sweetie. I rag on him a lot, but he is a real stand-up guy. I’ve known all along that he was a boy scout (and I mean that both literally and metaphorically) but the past year has really revealed his true colors, and they are beautiful. This man has dropped everything to be with his sister as she goes through cancer treatment, even giving up his season tickets to OSU football to be with her. And this is a man who HATES hospitals and LOVES OSU football. He did some things to ensure that she got treatment that were gutsy and daring and brave. They are too personal to go into here, but I truly believe that my beloved sister-in-law might not be alive today if he (and a few others) hadn’t committed daring acts of courage. He is truly my hero.
  2. Lil Sweetie, of course. She is my sunshine, the light of my life, my saving grace. She challenges me and amuses me and at times, infuriates me, and I adore her more than life itself.
  3. My mama. I don’t know how I would have gotten through the past year without her. She held my hand through 3 surgeries, helped me raise my kid with Mr. Sweetie gone so much, and most of all, loved me, even when I was a whining, sniveling wet mess of nerves. Which I’m ashamed to say was far too often in 2009.
  4. My girls, Lise and the Leaders of the Free World. I have the most amazing bunch of women in my life. They are beautiful and strong and wise and they love me, I mean reeeeeeally love me, which profoundly amazes me when I stop to think about it. There is nothing these women haven’t done for me, wouldn’t do for me. It’s quite humbling. And awe-inspiring.

1 comments:

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

I'm so happy for you to have so many wonderful blessings in your life. Oh that we were all so mindful of our overabundance when there are so many others lacking. Thank you for the reminder.