Sunday, January 30, 2011

SRW Weeks #2 & 3 -- What I Learned



  1. Looking back at my life, the times that seemed the most difficult were the times that moved me forward to better things.
  2. It would be nice if I could learn lessons the easy way instead of the hard way.
  3. I freakin' love art journaling!
  4. Painting and coloring and cutting and pasting are not just for kindergarten any more.
  5. Waxed paper between the pages of my art journal can keep them from sticking together and allow me to paint a lot of pages at once.
  6. It is easier to hate the icky parts of myself than it is to love my whole self, icky parts and all.
  7. Loving the icky parts is really, really hard.
  8. I am really hard on myself.
  9. Being really hard on myself is soooo not productive.
  10. Melody Ross is a goddess with the hands of Martha Stewart and the heart of the Dalai Lama.

1 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

I love your lock and key on the journal. Brilliantly done.

I love your lists.

I really love, and hate number 6 for its truth and difficulty. So smart. I just want to cut and paste this for my journal.

I am so obsessed with art journals.

And I think I have to get my hands on yours.

I love you and am so proud of us!